Quote of the day:

"Each photograph is a story captured in a single moment"

Author: M.Lopez


Photography is capturing the extraordinary meaning in each ordinary moment, and weaving these strands together to tell a story – your story - to hold, to share, to remember.


Author: Cindy Jenson-Elliot

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

{She got it from her grandma}

For months while pregnant, my mom assured me that my third child would indeed inherit her red hair. I jokingly refused, because I've never been a fan of red hair. Fast forward to May 25th, 3:26 am... when Addi entered the world, and the first words out of my moms mouth were-- "she has red hair Jess" I couldnt believe that indeed, she was a redhead :) We had a brunette, we had a blonde... but now , we had a redhead. hehe. The first few weeks of Addi's life, I was called daily with my mom asking "is her hair still red? its not changing is it?" I must admit I was not too happy about the red hair at first- I thought about the sunburns ahead ( I had to watch my younger brother who is a redhead go through this) and the teasing that comes along with red hair. Now, I couldnt imagine my little Addi-ree with anything but red hair. For months now I have had so many comments about her red hair, even strangers approach to comment on how beautiful it is, and how different her hair color is.

I see it now, as a little something she inherited from her grandma- something that she will carry with her forever. Something she could possibly pass on to her children one day..... and she'll be saying "yea, she gets it from her great grandma" I see it as beautiful , special, and Addison. But above all things- I see it as something that makes grandma grin everytime we see her :)

I snapped these today to show grandma, that after Addi's baths her hair is wavy... just like hers. I dont know if its going to grow out wavy like grandmas too!! We'll see!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

Whitley Pollet said...

Awh, this is so sweet Jess! and I love the pictures!!!

Christi said...

LOVE IT! My niece is a redhead - gorgeous!

Leah Jent said...

So sweet... Love her little curls.

Barbara said...

Cute idea and I am sure the mom and grandma will adore these.

Rebecca said...

You know you love the red! :) Just be thankful she didn't inherit the hairy gene! :)

Ashley Duckett said...

So incredibly sweet.

amy lenhart said...

so sweet!!! love the story and the pics!!

kcraft said...

so sweet ...i love redheads